This recipe is easy but a little time-consuming. I cooked the chicken ahead of time and made way too much! But that was good for sandwiches later on. Then I had two different pans going at the same time for the onion and taters. But once all the pieces are made, it goes very quickly. Be aware that this recipe makes a lot of pie! And there is always leftover filling.
Here is what I needed:
- 2 unbaked pie crusts
- 1 lb. chicken (cooked and pulled into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 bag (12-16oz) thawed veggies
- 1 onion - minced
- 5 small potatoes
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- salt & pepper to taste
- I boil chicken every Sunday to have in my salad at lunch. So I boiled an extra few boobs this week to account for this recipe, and that Matt likes to eat my chicken. When I boil it, I add whatever spices I want into the water (in almost heaping quantities). Matt loves Old Bay. I love cumin and paprika.
- preheat the oven to 400
- Boil the potatoes & cut into chewable pieces
- saute the onion in a little butter
chicken, onion, potatoes, veggies, and soup together in a bowl. Season
the mixture now with salt and pepper and whatever else you like. I
- ***If you are making ONE PIE - put one pie crust in a pie dish, fill, and cover with the other crust. Crimp edges and cut vents.
- ***If you are making individual pies, fill your bowls and cover with pie crust. Still crimp the edges and cut vents.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the crusts are golden brown
- Let them sit for 5-10 minutes before eating.
And really. Sometime I will start taking pictures while I cook. I had every intention of doing so when making these, but my camera was upstairs and I was rushing.