Monday, February 6, 2012

I know what my Cheese has been missing!

I figured it out!!!! When I don't know what I want for dinner, I make something pasta. When I was on Weight Watchers, I learned how to make an easy cheese sauce that is not that unhealthy (depending on how much cheese you add). 

Here is what I needed:
  • pasta
  • veggies - frozen
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 2 Tbsp flour
  • cheese
  • spices that you love
Here is what I did:
  1. Cook the pasta. When it needs another 2 minutes, add veggies from largest to smallest to the pasta pot. I added broccoli, waited a few minutes, then added the corn for 30 seconds. Drain.
  2. Put the pot back on the stove and turn the heat all the way down to low.
  3. Meanwhile, mix the flour and milk together. Then add to the pot and whisk to avoid burning.  Add cheese. Add your favorite spices (mine was cumin and Adobo spices).  Add your pasta & veggies. Mix.
  4. Eat. But only one serving :)
The corn added so much. I loved it. I wish I had added a whole bag of corn instead of just one cup. It was amazeballs! Matt loves adding pesto and tuna fish. But for me, it is VEGGIES!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment