Monday, December 12, 2011

Mac N Cheese

I made macaroni and cheese for dinner tonight.  In the pressure cooker!  It took 8 minutes to cook the pasta and melt the cheese.  But then I baked it for crunchies.

Here's what I needed:
  • 2 1/2 cups dry elbow macaroni
  • 2 cups chicken stock
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 1 Tbsp butter
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 1/2 cheddar cheese shredded
  • 1 1/2 mozzarella cheese shredded
Here's what I did:

  1. Put the pasta, stock, cream, and spices in the pressure cooker.  Set it to rice and cook for 8 minutes.  Mine didn't have that setting.  So I put it on low pressure and cooked for 10.  
  2. When it's done, add everything else and stir. 
  3. Then I put it in the oven with crushed pretzels on top for crunch.  

Matt loved it!   I added cumin, but not enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment