Sunday, December 25, 2011

Peppermint Bark

Oh I how I love peppermint!  And this is one of my favorite Christmas candies.  Every year I wait and look for it in the stores. I can't wait for it to come out.  So I found a recipe and made my own!  It was so easy!

This was beyond easy and was requested over and over again. I brought it to school with me, and my student aides requested more every day.

Here's what I needed:
  • 1 bag chocolate chunks
  • 1 bag white chocolate chunks
  • 1 tsp oil (x2)
  • 1/4 tsp peppermint extract (x2)
  • candy canes  
Here's what I did:
  1. Cover a cookie sheet in wax paper.
  2. Put about 5-7 candy canes through food processor until broken into a dust.
  3. Melt chocolate with 1 tsp. oil in a double boiler. 
  4. Add 1/4 tsp. peppermint extract.  
  5. Spread on cookie sheet and sprinkle with candy cane dust.  
  6. Refrigerate.
  7. Repeat with white chocolate. 
UPDATE: *** It is easier to break bark at room temperature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment