Here is what I needed:
- 2 tbsp raisins
- olive oil
- 1 lb fresh spinach chopped
- garlic - chopped
- 1/3 cup pine nuts - chopped
- 1 egg beaten
- puff pastry (room temp) There are 3 sheets of pastry per box, and I cut about 9 into one sheet. This recipe can make as many as you need. Just pay attention to your fillers. I can make about a dozen from this recipe.
- Soak the raisins in warm water for 10 minutes.
- Drain and chop them.
Cook down the spinach, garlic, and seasonings (your choice).
- Add raisins and nuts and LET COOL.
****I have been known to add mushrooms to this in the filling. Think about the final taste before you start adding random vegetables. The recipe I have here has a Mediterranean flare. Mexican flavors would have peppers and onions. These can also be stuffed with fruit to make them a dessert, or with meat to make them an entree. If you want entree sizes, cut the pastry into slightly larger pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spread out puff pastry on working surface. Cut to desired size. You can make rounds or squares. I make squares so I don't have extra dough. Before you cut, remember you are folding them in half, so make sure you will have enough space to do that with filling.
- Add about 2 tsp of filling to each pastry square. I add mine to the side so I only half to fold one direction.
- Brush the edges with a LITTLE water. Close and seal by pressing sides together. You can also you a fork to create ridges.
- Brush the top side with egg.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Cook about 15 minutes until golden.