Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Puppy Chow (not for dogs)

I love salty. I love sweet. I love chocolate. I love it most when they are all mixed together. Puppy Chow is all of the above. So I found a recipe on Savory Sweet Life.
Made it. Loved it. Ate it all. (I know so very shocking!)

Here's what I needed:
  • 9 cups Combination of Corn, Rice, and Wheat Cereal squares (Chex)
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 2 1-gallon ziplock bags 
Here's what I did:
  1. Place cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
  2. In a medium microwavable bowl, add chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Microwave on High for 1 minute and stir. Microwave 30 seconds longer and stir mixture until smooth.
  3. Stir in vanilla.
  4. Pour sauce over cereal and stir until evenly coated.
  5. Spoon half of the mixture in each 1-gallon resealable ziplock bag.
  6. Add 3/4 cup powdered sugar to each bag, and seal. Shake the bag until everything is coated.
  7. Spread on waxed/parchment paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment