Okay, so it has been 90 degrees out and hot as hell. Matt wanted chili anyway (since it is his favorite food in the world and would eat it everyday if he could!). So I went looking for a new chili recipe. This is going to be my new go-to for starting chili.
Here is what I needed in the kitchen:
- 1/2 box pasta - cooked as directed
- 1 onion - chopped
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 cans diced tomatoes - not strained
- 1 can kidney beans - rinsed & drained
- 1 can tomato paste - 6 oz
- cumin, paprika, chili pepper, S&P
- 2 cups shredded cheese
Here is what happened in the kitchen:
- Cook pasta according to the box.
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray 9x13 with non-stick.
- Over medium heat, saute the onion with the garlic. Add turkey and brown. DRAIN!
- Add the beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, and spices. Stir together.
*** I only used one can of diced tomatoes and the end result was a little dry, but I don't like my food swimming.
- Add cooked pasta to the meat.
- Move to baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Uncover and liberally sprinkle with cheese. Bake another 5-8 minutes.
Then eat it. We had chili mac with salad tonight. It was a perfect dinner. We each had two helpings. This made 8 servings and we have food for the next few days.